Disc Harrow is a cheap and fairly high speed tillage implement. It can be used as a primary or secondary tillage tool. Normally, the moldboard plows are used primarily but the disc harrow may also be used a primary tillage tool. It depends on its weight to penetrate the soil, thus disc harrows have space for extra weight to be added.
Uses and Benefits of a Disc Harrow Hydraulic
- Used for breaking up virgin land
- Performs deep tillage of soil
- Removes crop residue and unwanted weeds
- Repeatedly slices the ground for optimum results
- Loosens and lifts the soil
- Allows for new crops to grow quicker as it shuffles the soil.
Technical Specifications of Disc Harrow Hydraulic
- Working width: 167.5 cm (66”)
- Disc size/ 61 cm (24”)
- Weight: 685 kg
- Number of discs available: 16
- Carbon steel discs
- Tractor compatibility: 60-85 HP